Use is subject to the District's Internet and Wireless Use Policy and Library Rules of Conduct.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have your own wireless device with a Wi-Fi network card built-in or installed.
- You are responsible for knowing how to configure your own equipment and how to access wireless networks through your own device's operating system. Library staff can not configure, diagnose or modify a library patron's equipment.
- Patrons under 18 are subject to the same rules governing Internet access by minor children using District computers. Patrons under 18 are required to use filtered access unless they have a signed parental permission slip on file in the library allowing unfiltered access to the Internet.
- Patrons under 18 who have parental approval on file must use their wireless devices in the adult areas of the library.
- The Library District is not responsible for any damage to personal equipment or software that may occur as a result of using the District's wireless network. It is highly recommended that you use anti-virus, firewall software and updated patches when accessing the District's wireless network.
General information for all systems:
- All wireless standards are supported
(802.11 a, b, g and n).
- Please set your computer to obtain an IP address automatically (DHCP). This setting can be found in your wireless card properties settings.
- Signal strength will vary depending upon your location in the building. You may need to relocate for optimum signal strength.
- The speed you will experience is determined by a number of variables including proximity to the access point and the number of users on the system.
To log on:
- Open your wireless network card.
- Attach to the appropriate network. Persons under the age of 18 must select "Filtered, Under 18 Required." Persons 18 or over may select either Filtered or "Unfiltered Access, Over 18".
- Please follow the directions on the screen to continue to access the Internet.
- Before connecting to the web in the Unfiltered mode ("Unfiltered Access, Over 18"), you will be asked to accept the Las Vegas-Clark County Library District's Internet and Wireless Use Policy.
- Select the "I am 18 years of age or older. Connect to Unfiltered" option.
- A "Processing Authentication Request" message will appear and you will be redirected to www.lvccld.org
- You are now connected to the internet
- Click your browser's "Home" button, if your "Home" page does not display, click "Home" button again. Continue this step until your home page appears.
- Bunkerville Library
- Blue Diamond
- Centennial Hills Library
- Clark County Library
- Enterprise Library
- Indian Springs
- Las Vegas Library
- Laughlin Library
- Mesquite Library
- Moapa Town Library
- Moapa Valley
- Rainbow Library
- Sahara West Library
- Sandy Valley Library
The Las Vegas-Clark County Library District's On-line Branch offers downloadable e-books, hundreds of research databases, on-line homework help with live tutors and much, much more. We welcome your comments. Let us know about your experience with our wireless service. Email us at email@example.com
or call 702.507.6300.
or call 702.507.6300.